My Theme for 2018….Growth
2017 was a big year for me. I left my job and embarked on the uncertain and exciting adventure of a portfolio career. And it has been some adventure. When I look back over the past twelve months, I can see that it has been a year of change. So, as I look ahead to 2018 and where I would like to be in another twelve months, the word that keeps coming to mind is growth. 2017 was a year of firsts and trying new things (my first marathon; life without a fixed salary); 2018 is going to be a year of building, growing, improving, and focusing.
18 in 2018…
I borrowed this idea from the Happier with Gretchen Rubin podcast. Rather than just listing lots of things I know I won’t stick to past 4th January, I wanted to put together a set of goals I actually wanted to do next year, that I think are achievable and challenging, and that are going to make my life better in some way. There are a mix of work, personal and professional goals on there and I’m sure I’ll add more as the year goes on.
- Run 1,000 miles
- Run a half-marathon in 1hr40
- Do yoga everyday in January
- Eat more plants – go vegan for a month
- Eat more healthily – give up sugar for a month
- Complete a one-month no-spend challenge
- Have a monthly “interesting people” dinner club
- Read at least 24 books
- Learn to code
- Write a draft of a book
- Qualify as a yoga teacher
- Start saving into a pension again
- Do one new thing/go to one new place every month
- Do my first GA talk
- Run my first coaching workshop
- Work with a coaching/portfolio career mastermind group
- Write something every day
All that’s left for me to say is HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a wonderful time, however you’re celebrating. Make 2018 your year.